Do you offer free estimates?
Of course, we are always available to meet prospective clients free of charge to discuss potential landscaping work.
What warranty do you offer on your work?
We offer a one-year warranty on plants and a two-year warranty on workmanship from our jobs. Warranty on materials such as wood is assessed on an individual basis. Using wood as an example, certain materials are prone to natural cracking and splitting and would not qualify under our warranty.
What services do you offer?
We are proud to offer many services ranging from Landscape design & construction to maintenance to snow removal (during the winter months.) Please take a look at our Landscape Services page on this website for more information. We sub-contract some services to companies that we work closely with and that hold the same dedication to quality we have.
Where are you located, and what areas do you service?
We are located north of Toronto in Stouffville, however we work all over the GTA. Give us a call to discuss what services you require.
What is the process if I am interested in having a landscape designed?
- Step 1 is to have a brief phone conversation where a designer can get a brief idea of your needs.
- Next a home meeting will be coordinated to discuss further details and for the designer to take a look at your property; at this stage the designer will also try to get an idea of your style. (We always welcome you showing us pictures of other landscapes that you like, to really tap into what look you are going for.) We also have brief questionnaire for you to fill out so we can make sure we are on the same page.
- The designer will at this point do a site visit and take measurements.
- From there the designer will start work on your concept plan. The concept plan concentrates on layout and flow, details follow in the master plan which will proceed once a concept has been agreed on.
- Once the concept plan has been agreed upon, your master plan can now begin. It’s now time to start thinking about materials for different aspects and plant choices. At this point we can start discussing budgets and estimates.
- We are now nearly at the end of the design process. You will now have your master plan that will be the used to construct your project. You should also have a formal quote as well at this point. Dates can now be discussed when to break ground!
What is your payment policy for jobs?
25% upon approval of your quote, 25% on our first day and then the balance to be paid upon completion of the project.
What are your design fees?
Fees can be discussed with our team. Please see the contact us form on this website.
What about locates?
Northscape will take care of this process to make sure we know what is underground.
How long will my project take?
Each job is different, but as part of the design/quoting process timelines will be discussed.
Who will be working on our property?
Northscape has various crews which consist of experienced workers who have a passion for the landscape industry. All of our crews have supervisors with extensive experience. Also our owners, Jason and Simon, are very hands on and still get their hands dirty!
Do you have insurance?
Absolutely, we carry $2,000,000 Commercial liability insurance. We also adhere to Ontario health and safety laws and contribute toward WSIB.
How do I maintain my new Landscape?
Northscape offers a full maintenance service where we can maintain your property to make sure you can keep enjoying your landscape without lifting a finger.
At the end of your project we can provide you with information seasonal work that needs to be done to keep your property pristine.
Please feel free to contact us directly should you have any additional questions that were not answered here!